The Thirroul Men’s Shed (TMS) places on record the support provided, over many years, by the Member for Keira, Mr Ryan Park, MP and the Member for Kiama and Parliamentary Secretary, Mr Gareth Ward MP with it’s development during these times.
The TMS now operates from premises that are custom fitted with comprehensive dust extraction system, well maintained and serviced equipment and machinery and a range of hand tools suitable for most projects and activities. The premises have a large kitchen area with a combined office area, showers, toilet facilities and locker storage for members.
It provides a facility where men from the Northern beaches region of the Illawarra can come together to Share their life skills, experiences and knowledge.
• Form relationships and mateships
• Be able to discuss men’s health issues and access sound information and support from health professionals, personnel and organisations.
• Develop new skills and hone old skills and training
• Use new tools and equipment for the first time
• Contribute through completing a range of projects for community groups that build strong community-based links
• Undertake personal projects and activities
• Socialise, fund raise and support the development of the Thirroul Men’s Shed